Dear DAVIA Friend,
I’d like to report on our MONUMENTAL VICTORY!
The Human Rights Council concluded its 53rd session yesterday, and did not approve Reem Alsalem’s report on “Custody, Violence Against Women and Violence against Children.”
There is no mention of the report on the HRC’s summary report of the session: https://www.ohchr.org/en/news/2023/07/human-rights-council-concludes-fifty-third-regular-session-after-adopting-30 Or on Alsalem’s personal Twitter page: https://twitter.com/unsrvaw?lang=en
In short, the horrendous report simply “disappeared” from public attention.
Over the past 5 weeks, DAVIA issued eight press releases, which I know many of you forwarded to the HRC delegates:
- July 12: Ten Reasons Why the Human Rights Council Must Reject the Special Rapporteur’s Report on Domestic Violence
- July 7: Every Totalitarian Movement Begins with a Monstrous Lie: Special Rapporteur’s Flawed Report on Domestic Violence
- July 3: Abuse Deniers: U.N. Report Seeks to Cover-Up the Emotional Abuse of Children
- June 27: To Reem Alsalem, Up is Down, Night is Day, and Lies are the Truth
- June 26: Reem Alsalem: Silencing Survivors, Stereotyping Dads, Ignoring the Science
- June 23: A/HRC/53/36 Custody Report is Neo-Marxist Attack on Children and the Family
- June 15: UN Human Rights Council Report: Filled with ‘misleading statements and blatant misinformation’
- June 9: UN Human Rights Council Report: Giving Free-Rein to Abusive Ex-Wives
Thanks to every one who participated in this campaign, and passed along your concerns to the Human Rights Council!
Edward E. Bartlett, PhD
DAVIA: Domestic Abuse and Violence International Alliance
3220 N Street, NW, Suite 114
Washington, DC 20007